Delivery & Logistics Manager
Something New Everyday!
At Gemini, we preserve fine art and personal treasures in custom frames and display cases, and provide delivery services to galleries and framers in a six state area. To view some of our creations, check out our website at www.geminibuildsit.com.
Every day we are called upon to transport our customers’ prized belongings with great care. If you have experience in transportation / delivery and a passion for Customer Service, we have a great opportunity for you to combine those skills in this unique position. We are seeking an individual who is smart, proactive, analytical, and not content to accept the status-quo.
In this role you will use your experience and creativity to:
- Use your leadership skills to train, motivate, and coach a team of delivery drivers (currently six) to service excellence.
- Ensure the secure, accurate, and reliable transportation & delivery of our customer’s products.
- Create the most efficient processes for accomplishing delivery goals.
- Ensure compliance with all safety policies and regulations.
- Synchronize all aspects of transportation functions with other operations functions within the company and with external providers as needed.
- Responsibilities include:
- Supervision and assignment of responsibilities to drivers.
- Continually analyze the transportation function (routes, expenses, safety) in order to achieve maximum efficiency, and quality service. Analyze internal and external resources, creating a ‘best case’ for a variety of scenarios.
- Ensure the prompt, accurate, and safe delivery/pick- up of all service requests for customers, and other transportation activities as required by the needs of the company, and the customer base.
- Evaluate and implement changes for staffing levels, work schedules, procedures and workflow processes.
- Set and monitor delivery driver sales goals.
- Meet with your department regularly to review service levels/performance and obtain feedback.
- Create and follow preventive maintenance schedule. Ensure processes are in place for equipment downtime and backup.
- Administer HR policies including constructive discipline; develop and monitor individual action plans. Assess and define department training needs and participate in cross training, on-the-job training and new hire.
- Remain abreast of industry safety standards. Train staff, ensure compliance, monitor unsafe acts and/or injuries for additional training and correction.
- Minimum of 2-3 Transportation/Fleet Service experience, which includes customer processing, route delivery procedures and basic safety and operational procedures.
- Computer proficiency, including email for correspondence, internet for research; Excel and other packages required for analysis. Experience with GPS software a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge – able to troubleshoot and answer questions about equipment (trucks)
- Time and priority management, ability to multi-task; highly organized. Able to prepare a schedule of priorities for each day, work on multiple projects under tight timelines; flexible to adjust as the business needs dictates.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Understanding of how to motivate and leadership for those supervised using a coaching and development style of management.
- Valid Driver’s license required. Willingness to hop in a truck and drive if required due to illness or unforeseen circumstance.
- Knowledge of basic business processes such as profit and loss, departmental budgeting, and other related principles.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and best practices related to position.
- Ability to lift, move, push, and pull equipment, or boxes in excess of up to 50 lbs. (as needed)
- Willingness to work the hours and schedule required for operations.